Paediatric First Aid
This 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid course meets the requirements specified by OFSTED and the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). The Paediatric First Aid course can be used as evidence for an NVQ in childcare and education. This course also meets the requirements of the appointed person in the workplace.
Who Should Attend This Course?
The Paediatric First Aid course is perfect for anyone who is working with children and infants. It will be of particular interest to teachers, child minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel, nannies, Nursery workers, Pre-school workers, parents, grandparents and anyone else who has a responsibility for a child’s or infant’s welfare whilst in your care.
The Paediatric First Aid certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of the training.
The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) and the FAIB (First Aid Industry Body) strongly recommends that Paediatric first aiders at work undergo a First Aid Annual Refresher Course to maintain their skills and keep up to date with any changes to first aid legislation and procedures.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Paediatric First Aid Legislation within the workplace
- The roles and responsibility of a Paediatric First Aider.
- Assess an incident Infant and Child.
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive and breathing normally Infant and Child
- Manage an Infant and Child who is unresponsive and NOT breathing normally
- Demonstrate how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Manage an Infant and Child who is having a Seizure
- Recognise and assist an Infant and Child who is choking
- Manage external bleeding
- Manage an Infant or Child who is in shock from severe blood loss
- Manage an Infant or Child with a minor injury
- provide first aid to an Infant and Child with a chronic medical condition
- provide first aid to an Infant and Child with Common medical conditions