First Aid at Work Requalification
The 12 Hour First Aid At Work Requalification course covers the required course content of the First Aid at Work syllabus enabling you to renew your existing, valid First Aid at Work certificate. This course enables organisations meet the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is is suitable for anyone aged 16+ who wish to renew an existing, valid First Aid at Work certificate in order to continue to act as a first aider for their workplace.
The First Aid at Work certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of the training and can be renewed by attending this Two Day First Aid At Work Course.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE ) and the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) strongly recommends that first aiders undergo a First Aid Annual Refresher Course to maintain the skills, keep up to date with any changes to first aid legislation and procedures.
Course Learning Outcomes
- First Aid Legislation
- The Role of the first Aider
- Assessing an incident; Managing a casualty; Priorities of Treatment
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive and breathing normally casualty
- Manage a casualty who is unresponsive and NOT breathing normally
- Demonstrate how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Identify the signs, symptoms and history of a casualty
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to the: Head, Eyes, Chest, Spine, Bones, Muscles and joints
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected: Burns and Scalds, Sudden Poisoning, Anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid to a casualty with a suspected major Illness such as: Heart attack, Angina, Stroke, Asthma and Diabetes