Emergency First Aid at Work
This 6 Hour Emergency First Aid at Work course is perfect for any person wishing to understand more about first aid and the action to take in an emergency. It will equip you with the skills to manage day to day first aid incidents and will give you confidence to take charge in a first aid emergency in the workplace or home environment.
Who Should Attend This Course?
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is suitable to everyone of all abilities aged 16+ in all working environments, including those who work in construction, education, offices, and hospitality.
The Emergency First Aid at Work certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of the training.
The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) and the FAIB (First Aid Industry Body) strongly recommends that Emergency first aiders at work undergo a First Aid Annual Refresher Course to maintain their skills and keep up to date with any changes to first aid legislation and procedures.
Course Learning Outcomes
- First Aid Legislation within the workplace
- Assess an incident
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive and breathing normally casualty
- Manage a casualty who is unresponsive and NOT breathing normally
- Demonstrate how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury