Basic Emergency First Aid
This Three-hour Basic Emergency First Aid course is a perfect introduction into First Aid. This Course includes basic life support and will give you the confidence to act quickly and effectively if someone has a cardiac arrest. You will learn how to operate a Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and how to perform effective CPR.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to know how to manage a Basic Emergency First Aid emergency and anyone wishing to understand more about First Aid. There is no age limit for those who wish to attend the Basic Emergency First Aid Course.
If your organisation has a specific area of first aid training that is not included in the learning outcomes, or you require a more in-depth training course, then we can bespoke the course to suit your needs.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Role and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive and breathing normally casualty
- Manage a casualty who is unresponsive and NOT breathing normally
- Demonstrate how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding