Mental Health in the Workplace
This 6 Hour Mental Health in Workplace course will give you the ability to recognise the signs of mental ill health and the skills to support positive mental health and wellbeing for you and others. The course will assist in creating a healthy working environment, sensitive to mental health and wellbeing issues. You will gain the confidence in supporting and implementing positive policies which reflect a healthy workplace. This course will also give you an understanding of the law in relation to mental health and wellbeing.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who has line manager responsibility or who wants to increase their own awareness of mental health & wellbeing. This course will assist you to detect early symptoms of some mental ill health issues and use the skills learned to support and manage their own and others positive mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Course Learning Outcomes
- What is mental health and wellbeing
- Recognising possible signs and symptoms of a person that has mental ill-health
- Awareness of mental health and wellbeing and its stigma
- How to access help for those in crisis or need
- How to maintain our own mental health and wellbeing
- Using a mental health & wellbeing action plan to help those in crisis or need
- Finding external professional help and guidance
- The law in relation to mental health and the workplace
- Best practice in the workplace e.g. when helping someone to stay in work or return to work