Principles of Fire Safety
This 6 Hour Level 2 Principles of Fire Safety course is for anyone involved in the management of fire safety within an organisation. This course will provide you with the necessary training required to be a qualified fire marshal, fire warden and will give you the information about what your fire duties are and how to fulfil them. This course ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who will be taking on the role of fire marshal or Fire warden in their workplace. Depending upon your workplace, your risk assessment may require you to supplement this course with practical training. The law requires all employees to receive adequate fire safety training, and our course is designed to help your business fulfil this legal requirement.
Course Learning Outcomes
- The principles of Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Law
- Understand the hazards and risk associated with fire in the workplace
- Identify the common causes of fires in the workplace
- Describe how the components of the fire triangle affect a fire
- Controlling fire risk in the workplace
- Outline the steps within a fire risk assessment
- Identify the elements of a means of escape
- Fire Marshal & Fire Warden responsibilities
- Identify types and uses of fire-fighting equipment
- Fire Safety Arrangements
- Personal Emergency fire Evacuation Plans
- Fire Evacuation Procedures