Principles of Fire Safety Awareness
This 3 Hour Level 1 Principles of Fire Safety Awareness is an introductory course to ensure compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010. The law requires all employees to receive adequate fire safety training, and our course is designed to help your business fulfil this legal requirement.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone at any level, no matter what industry you work in, from employees to managers and full-time to part-time staff. This course is ideal for an employee induction purpose or for anyone where a basic understanding of fire safety is required
If you are in charge of fire risk assessments and overseeing evacuation procedures, such as a fire warden, you will need to receive a higher level of training than this course provides, as well as practical training in using fire fighting equipment. We recommended that you take our level 2 principles of fire safety course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understanding the principles of Fire Safety awareness
- Introduction to Fire Safety Law
- Understand the hazards and risk associated with fire in the workplace
- Components of the Fire Triangle
- The ways to reduce the likelihood of a fire in the workplace
- identify means of escape
- How the fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- Actions to take in the event of a fire
- Identify the different types of Fire safety equipment