Health and Safety within the Workplace
The 6 Hour level 2 health and safety within the workplace course will ensure that you understand the most common health and safety risks within your workplace and the control measures that are needed to keep you safe.
The course covers the most crucial aspects of health and safety that are present within every workplace, such as manual handling, working at height, and fire and electrical safety. It also explains the necessary components of workplace welfare, including workplace stress and conflict.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is designed for everyone of all abilities and in all working environments, including those who work in construction, education, offices, and hospitality.
If you work in a low-risk environment and have never undertaken health and safety training before, then our Level 1 Principles of health and safety within the Workplace course provides an introduction into health and safety that may be more suitable for your needs.
If you are an employer, manager, or supervisor and you require an advanced level of training then it is recommended you take our Level 3 Health and Safety in the workplace course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- An introduction to health and safety law within the workplace
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities for health, safety, and welfare in the workplace
- Recognise the benefits of good health, Safety and welfare within the workplace
- Why risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Define the terms hazard, risk, Accident, near miss and risk assessments
- Identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents within the workplace
- Why it is important to record all accident, near misses and ill health occurrences