Health and Safety in the Workplace
This 12 Hour Level 3 Health and Safety in the workplace course aims to provide employers, managers, and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the different aspects of health, safety, and welfare. The course covers the benefits of health and safety management systems, the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards, the principles of risk assessment and incident investigation.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who has a responsibility for providing high health and safety standards in the workplace. This includes those who have responsibility for training employees, maintaining standards, and enforcing a positive health and safety culture at work.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Health and safety law in the workplace
- Understanding the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Define the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘occupational ill health’
- The Elements of a safety management system
- The benefits of using a safety management system
- Understand the principles of a risk assessment
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
- How to manage the effects of accidents and incidents in the workplace