Fire Chair Evacuation Awareness
The 2 Hour level 1 Fire Chair Evacuation Awareness course is designed to support designated Fire Marshal and Fire Wardens in the workplace, when moving people during a fire evacuation or other emergency. This course ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is designed to support designated Fire Marshals and Fire Wardens in the workplace. The law requires all designated employees to receive adequate fire chair evacuation awareness training, and our course is designed to help your organisation fulfil this legal requirement.
Course Learning Outcomes
- The role and responsibilities of an evacuation chair operative during an emergency evacuation
- Describe the safety checks to be carried out prior to any person transfer.
- Understand how to operate and check the evacuation chair prior to use
- The principles of the safe moving of people when using the Fire evacuation chair
- Describe the safe movement principles associated with person transfers
- Apply the safe manual handling principles when moving people using the Fire evacuation chair